Many homeowners don’t realize that it’s possible to successfully sell their houses without a realtor. There are multiple routes to take in order to sell your home and start a new chapter.
Although real estate agents can prove useful, especially for inexperienced sellers, they’re often a financial investment. Plus, there are multiple benefits to selling without a realtor.
If you’re ready to sell your house, but want to explore your options, here’s how to sell your house without a realtor.
Selling a House Without a Realtor: The Benefits
Before we get into the “how,” it’s important for homeowners to know how they can benefit from selling a house without a realtor.
- Save money on the listing fee when posting your house
- Earn more money for your home without spending commission fees
- You get more control over the selling process and interact with more potential buyers
- You save money on staging expenses, professional photography, or cleaning services
- You save money on expensive repairs or renovations
- The process is quicker and less time-consuming
- Many companies offer fair all-cash deals to homeowners who sell without realtors
Taking all of this into consideration is important before making the decision to sell. There are also multiple avenues for homeowners to explore when selling their homes.
It’s crucial to remember that this process sometimes requires help, and no one should sell their home without the proper resources.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor
There are a few options when selling without a realtor. Here are some to consider:
Sale by Owner
If you’re wondering how to sell a house without a realtor, sale by owner is one possible route to take. This is where homeowners list, market, and price their houses on their own. Homeowners must take the following steps when choosing to sell themselves:
- Determine the price of your home
- Take visually-appealing photos of your home and deep-clean the entire space
- List your home on major platforms like Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist, or on social media
- Secure the sale and market your home by hosting open houses or viewings
This process often takes time and research. However, it can be done.
Make sure to compare your home to others in the neighborhood to secure its market value. Some buyers are hesitant to purchase a home through a sale by owner, so know your stuff beforehand!
Sell to a Home-Buying Company
Another option when selling without a realtor is going through a home-buying company.
Home-buying companies purchase your home as-is, and typically offer fair all-cash deals. This is a quick and seamless way to save money and avoid the hassle of going through a real estate agency.
When selling to a home-buying company, the process is relatively seamless:
- Talk to the company about your property in a free, quick, and easy conversation
- If your home meets the buyer’s criteria, they’ll contact you to schedule an appointment. You’ll discuss the process and your property in further detail.
- If the company is reputable, they’ll offer a fair, all-cash, and no-obligation deal. You don’t have to take the deal if it doesn’t meet your needs.
- The deal is closed through a local company, and you’ll have cash in your pocket in just a few days.
This is a viable option for homes that are at risk for foreclosure. You can skip needless renovations, endless paperwork, and move on to the next chapter in less than a week.
Selling Your Home Without a Realtor? We Can Help?
Fast Home Offer Utah prides itself on being a reputable, reliable, and trustworthy home-buying company. We’ve guided thousands of clients to successful deals, and present fair all-cash deals in as little as 7 days.
If you’re interested in learning more, feel free to contact us or receive an estimate today!